Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2014veloster been in storage until last June / I bought it…

Customer Question
2014veloster been in storage...

2014veloster been in storage until last June / I bought it wit 4500 miles on it ,yesterday the clutch went out (or I think the clutch)shouldn't that be covered under. The warranty ( it has 1300,00 miles on it now )????

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

It has been shuddering and finally had problems getting it into 2nd it froze up yesterday and I had it towed just to Hyundai

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Hyundai?

2014but only 1300,00 miles on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No towed to a dealer in Seramonte

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No they say they ordered the clutch & it should be in Tuesday /but maybe I shouldn't have mentioned I thought it was the the clutch??

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
12/8/2017
Auto Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, do they say the clutch is bad? did they diagnose? if so, are they saying they are charging you?

I suggested that it seemed like the clutch/will call them today .I've read on the forum that some dealers insist it's a wear & tear problem .they said they ordered the clutch and it should be in by Tues or wed.It just feels wanky when I talk to this guy.he has very little info
Is it just $4 more to talk on the phone?

Honestly? I am unsure. We work for JA. They send the call request option, not me. I would be more than happy to talk on phone if need or we can keep in this post and I do my best to type and send information

Why don't I get back to you after I talk to this dude Advisor.Should be around 8 or 9:00

what state are you in?

I ask as it is 9 where I am :)

I am in California

makes sense,thanks