Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Milky transmission oil. Unknown - just bought the truck.

Customer Question
Milky transmission oil Mechanic's...

Milky transmission oil

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Unknown - just bought the truck

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

IVECO Magirus Eurotrakker 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

At the shop they suggest rebuilding the transmission

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
12/8/2017
Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 7 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

That is a sign of a bad trans fluid cooler. When the burst, the fluids exchange and get what you have now. You have one cooler inside the radiator and you may also have an external one too in front of the radiator.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.