Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

7.3 CUTS OFF WILL CRANK BUT NOT START LET SET 1 OR 2 HRS

Customer Question

7.3 CUTS OFF WILL CRANK BUT NOT START LET SET 1 OR 2 HRS WILL START AND RUN 15 MIN OR SO
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: CLEANED FUEL TANK NEW FUEL PUMP ON FRAME NEW FUEL FILTER
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES --- NEW CPS -- NEW INJECTOR CUPS CLEANED FUEL SYSTEM --- ENG STARTS AND RUNS FINE THEN JUST CUTS OFF
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you have a diagnostic tool so we can check the electrical side of things by monitoring pressures and sensors?

What year and model is the diesel in?