Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I ran over something on the freeway and my ebrake cable got…

Customer Question
I ran over something...

I ran over something on the freeway and my ebrake cable got shredded up and now my car wont hold an idle for more than 2 secs

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

180xxx, 2.0L. it ran perfect prior to the incident

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2002 acura rsx type s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RSX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to see what actually happened. i replaced an emissions valve that broke off. itss right under the gas tank, and have checked the engine harnesss to see if anything might have become unclipped but everything seems fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It dies quicker if i give it gas

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
12/8/2017
Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

if you rev it up as soon as it start does it stay running

we have a massive vacuum leak,did you check the vacuum lines from tank back to engine ,since it got hit at bottom

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

there are lines under that show metal. they are ripped up. i was assuming that it was the ebrake cables because when i hit it, only my back tires locked up

some vacuum lines go from rubber to metal, any oil leaking from these lines or dry ?

any brake light abs traction light on

can you keep it running if revved up ?

nothing is leaking from them, just showing wire. no lights have popped up. and no i cant keep it running. if i give it gas, it decreases in rpm, when that happens there is a pop coming from the engine
dies super quick

i m going to assume these are abs wheel sensor lines ,if wires

but something underneath ripped towards engine side has to do with vacuum

can you raise on lift ,that should be next, this one hard since we can not see what happend

do you have scanner to pull up fault codes