Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

My Madza CX 7 is jerking when it is in idle mode. 106, 000

My Madza CX 7 is...
My Madza CX 7 is jerking when it is in idle mode
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 106, 000 miles
JA: What year is your CX?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your CX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The car was parked for about 4 months not being used therefore I changed the plugs, change engine oil and did some cleaning in general
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also the ac is not working and was hoping it the gas I needed to fill
12/7/2017
Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Does the engine seam like it has as much power as it used to? Also since you've noticed the shaking has a check engine light come on or is it on now when driving? Have you scan for any trouble codes since this has occurred? Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
a scan has been performed but I am sure if our mechanics can be trusted so please give me some options to try to fix the problem
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please give me some options to try to fix the problem but if that does not work then I can speak to you.
Does the engine seem like it has as much power as it used to or is it skipping or misfiring and not running well?
Disregard the phone call message we can continue here in this forum.
If its not running correctly, the check engine light will probably come on soon if you haven't seen it already have you seen the check engine light at all since you've been driving it with this problem?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, so please give me some options to fix the problem
Alright the first thing I would do is stopped by a local auto parts store and have them scan the engine computer for codes and see if anything is stored or not there's any misfire codes I would check the coil packs for any signs of cracking, and run two bottles of seafoam injector cleaner or Techron through the gas tank. If there are no code stored then the engine is probably not misfiring does it shake it at all or does it shake going down the road at 50 miles an hour?
Shake at idle? Or does it have to be going a certain speed?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I went offline. Well, as I have already said, the jerking or shaking occurs during idling, that is if the vehicle is sparked but not moving. For instance, in traffic, if the vehicle shakes not vigorously but the feeling is not comfortable. I hope I am clear now. Cheers

No problem, If the check engine light doesn't come on and you get no codes, I would start with the engine mounts. The one of the passenger side inner fenderwell will cause that shaking at idle, what happens is the engine starts to sag slightly in the engine cradle and transmits more vibration through the body of the vehicle, you could put a floor jack under the oil pan and raise the engine just a 1/2 an inch under the oil pan while the car is idling to see if that changed it, If it does, then I would go ahead with that mount and would consider replacing all three mounts. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you!

If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. If you need to ask us anything else just let us know. Thank you and best wishes!

Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Edward
Edward
Edward, Service Technician