Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have townie 3 speed bicycle and it is slips out of second…

Customer Question
I have townie 3...

I have townie 3 speed bicycle and it is slips out of second gear to first gear every 30-60 seconds.. 3rd gear seems to be okay

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to.. bike shop is five miles away and it’s a pain to get the bike in the trunk..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No.. otherwise bike is great..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 day by:
12/4/2017
Auto Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Do you know if your bike has the nexus internal 3 speed located on the rear wheel?