Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Car sometimes shakes and vibrates when starting from stopped…

Customer Question
Car sometimes shakes...

Car sometimes shakes and vibrates when starting from stopped position

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

No problem with either

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000 Isuzu trooper it has 216735 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trooper yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only taken to local machanics

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
12/2/2017
Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What have the local mechanic done so far to fix this issue?

nothing but telling me to keep brining it back. I would rather converse on the computer or text.

So there could be a few issues, first being a misfire upon acceleration, when a load is applied to the weak point in the ignition probably being the coils will begin to have a misfire, another issues with those vehicles is carbon buildup in the upper portion of the intake, every 100k I always tell customers to have the entire top end cleaned,

is there a check engine light on?