Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2012 town and country, wipers go once and guages recycle (

Customer Question
2012 town and country...

2012 town and country, wipers go once and guages recycle ( like when car first starts. Van engine does not turn off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

I will check fuses. Yes power is working to wipers when I turn them on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Last month heard/ felt a rumbling ((intermentent)i n transmission or gears at highest gears. Decided to wait until problem was consistent. Then the wiper and engine guages started the recycling. Autozone found no codes but they checked battery and it was reading "bad". I replaced battery and everything was back to normal. Its been two weeks and now the recycling guages started again. Also noticed engine is idiling at 6mph, unless that is normal. Was wondering if I just needed a tune up? Have 106,000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes , the original intermentent noise/rumbling in transmission has never returned since the new battery.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/26/2017
Auto Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 8 months ago
Thomas Ragusa
I would have the charging system checked. Could be a bad alternator.