Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My cars front differential pin broke of into my transmission…

Customer Question
Hello my cars front...

Hello my cars front differential pin broke of into my transmission and the company that guaranteed the transmission says that the mechanic that repaired it told them it was caused by misuse and so now I have to pay for it, the mechanic told me it was one the the front tires spun while the other didn't and that is what causes that to happen or gunning a stop anyway all the examples he had given me were absurd and was basically accusing me of mishandling the car like a street racer

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

The tires are brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2011 Buick regal 2.0L turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Regal yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not fixing it myself it needs a new transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
11/26/2017
Auto Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 6 months ago
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

is it a independent shop? do you have a written warranty? any exclusions?

It's an authorised garage by the the company that guaranteed the car and the exclusion is misuse of the vehicle

i would take it to court...misuse is tough to prove...they have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt..i would talk to your state division that overseas car dealers and repair shops..if that goes no where file a small claim suit asap

what really causes the transaxle transfer pin to break off into the transmission without any signed that there was a problem the was no noise I just saw smoke and thought it was my oil feed for the turbo because it had broken before and that's why I called the dealership they told me when the car had arrived with a tow truck that it wasn't motor oil it was the transmission and with them it wasn't guaranteed anymore so I called the company that gave me an extended warranty when I bought the car and they sent me to an idiot

who is the warranty company on the contract?

National guaranty

did the extended warranty company decline it or did the shop decline it? did they contact the extended warranty company?

The company refused the repair biased on what the authorised mechanics response to the reason it happened in other words he said the vehicle was Mishandled so they say they won't pay

did the extended warranty send a adjuster to verify what they claimed?

john  aka eauto
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy