Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Can i delete the cats in my 05 lagacy wagon ca/ny emmisions.

Customer Question
Can i delete the...

Can i delete the cats in my 05 lagacy wagon ca/ny emmisions. dual exaust from factory. 0420. wanna try cata clean and trick 02 output w spacers. if it works great,ok. if not what next

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

165,26.1 ave

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

05 legacy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tryn. nothing yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have abs wheel sensor bad. would that effect auto tranny?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Car
11/24/2017
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

If you have emissions testing in your area. You will fail the test with no converters on the vehicle. They do not only check for codes, they also use a sniffer to see if the converter is cleaning the tailpipe emissions. For a catalyst efficiency code the best option is to replace the converter with OEM or aftermarket that meets your states regulations.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician