Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

It was acidentaly filled with diesel so i syphoned out the…

Customer Question
Hi there it was...

Hi there it was acidentaly filled with diesel so i syphoned out the mix and added fresh petrol. the drive back home must have been enough to suck up the diesel and now it wont fire or start. i am thinking to find where the fuel pump is and run some new petrol through it and then reconnect and wind over till it fires. any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

This is the orginal

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005 mazda mpv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried draining out the diesel and replacing with petrol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
11/24/2017
Auto Mechanic: Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech. replied 8 months ago
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.

The fuel pump is in the tank. What you are going to have to do is remove the tank and drain it and then clean it. Diesel is an oil based and will cling to every ting in the tank as well as the fuel lines. You will also have to replace the fuel filter, pull the injector rail and clean the lines as well as the injectors. Diesel is to thick to pass through the injectors and that is why it will not start now.

Just wanted to check in on you and see how things are going.