Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2003 lesabre clunks when shifting between gears. 2003

2003 lesabre clunks when...

2003 lesabre clunks when shifting between gears

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

2003 original equipment about 140,000 miles no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes added sea foam transmission after removing all fluid using suction pump and replacing transmission fluid so that total fluid level is normal range

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

11/22/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician

h​I my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today

have you check the engine and trans mounts yet ??

replaced the one at the very front haven't changed the others. Most of my online research seems to center on transmission pressure solenoid being the culprit.

did oyu scan the trans for codes

r u there ??

No, I only have the basic code reader OBD II. WIll that provide a transmission scan?

ok the pressure solenoid is most likely your problem but I would like to se you check for code before replacing it . it is very common for the solenoid to go bad but they sometimes set codes

what does that mean "they sometimes set codes"

t​he pack is bloted to the front for of the trans by the radiator

w​hen they go bad they store a code in the trans computer

can I use a store bought reader to check it?

n​o you need a ready good one to do that, it will run you a lot more then just having a shop checking for the in the trans computer

I would like to change it myself if not too terribly difficult. Can you provide step by step procedure along with the OEM part number?

your best bet if you don't want to pay is to replace the solenoid pack

do you have any more questions ??

Can you provide step by step procedure along with the OEM part number?
Did you get the last message, which was Can you provide step by step procedure along with the OEM part number?

ok

n​ot much to it remove the air intake box t get to it from the top of the car then remove the bolt remove the pack and the gasket

sorry the system do not have a price or part number for that part you can call your local dealer and they will give you the price and part number

Does this come as a complete installable piece or in several pieces? Can you give me the correct part number to use when ordering or purchasing it? thanks

do you hav eany more questions

just on part

What is the proper name for this part?
is it 2003 lesabre transmission solenoid pack?
solenoid pack
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician
Ok thnaks

your welcome .