Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2012 impala turned car off left key in ignition but…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 impala turned car off left key in ignition but not on went back to the car after about an hour car is inoperative key wont come out of the ignition nothing works no lights no remote lock or any remote operation. disconnected battery and reconnected no change

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not fixing it I just tried disconnectibn and reconnecting to see if it would boot up that's all I tried I cant open my trunk either

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
11/22/2017
Auto Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Is it possible that the battery drained on you? No head lights operating? Is it possible to try to get jumper cables on it?