Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Sometimes the turn signals blink very fast, almost staccto…

Sometimes the turn signals...

Sometimes the turn signals blink very fast, almost staccto and then go back to normal blink. sometimes the right front blinks rapidly and is hard to see and the back turn signal not works at all. what could be the problem. Bad turn signal relay box?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Over 133,000 miles. car starts normally. have had this problem on and off for about 1 yr. would like to fix it once and for all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2003 malibu might be ls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

Going to the dealer and want an idea of what the problem might be to tell them to work for it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Are there any other possible items, such as r

11/22/2017
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

I want to provide a list of possibilites for you.

One major possibility is a loose or bad ground making bad contact.

Another would be a bad bulb with a loose filament inside.

I have attached a diagram of what controls the signal lighting system. rapid flashes are commonly due to some sort of ground issue, rather the bulb or turn signal module or a bad ground.

If you look at the lower parts of the diagram, that is where the issue seems to be at since the indicator is working as it should and the flasher and multifunction switch as well.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any more questions :)

Mike, Auto Mechanic
Hopefully, the information you provided will help the mechanic trace down the problem.Thank you for your time.

My pleasure :).