Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Changed the cam position senser bank 1 and the VVT solenoid

hucked JA: Which particular sensor are...
changed the cam position senser bank 1 and the VVT solenoid hucked
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: hooked the batt
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: keep hiting the enter before I'm done after changing the cam position senser and the VVT senser
JA: What year is your Volvo?
Customer: its a 2007 s40 the check engine light went out after i hooked up the battery and drove for a bit but when i stopped and shut it off and restarted it comes back on I'm hearing about drive time
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: obd2 said cam position senser and VVT solinoid canged them both check engine light went out but after i got back from a short drive shut it down and restarted car and the light came back on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a drive time after doing this work
11/22/2017
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Can you please give me the code numbers please & I will go over your issue, thank you.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
went to AutoZone they have obd2 readers got a P0011 intake camshaft position timing changed the sensor all so got a Poo26 intake valve control solenoid replaced it but still have check engine light need to know how to get it to go off, when i first hooked up bat and started car the chech engine light went out but as soon as i shut car off and restarted check engine light came back. 2007 volvo s40

ok and you have the 2.4 or the 2.5?

Michael Solis
Phone call session started

.

Michael Solis
Michael Solis
Michael Solis