Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

My 2004 BMW 745i is causing me problems and I can't figure…

My 2004 BMW 745i is...
My 2004 BMW 745i is causing me problems and I can't figure out why {guess I lost any knack I had for mechanics when they started putting computers in them), twice in the last week it has been running fine, than, all of a sudden, the lights start flashing for drive, park and reverse. It sends a messages saying transmission failsafe, abs failure, drive moderately and showing an unbalanced car signal. One time I pulled into a parking lot, stopped it and waited 5 minutes. When I restarted it the lights were all off and it ran fine. The second time was right by my home. All the same lights were flashing and it wouldn't let me go more than 10 miles per hour. So, I drove uit into my parking lot and have left it there (did not try to start it again). If I try to start it and it does run, can I drive it? More importantly, what do you thing the problem is?- Cedric Ulbing
11/21/2017
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi cedric

sorry for the late reply, just finishing a 10 hour shift...

this could be anything from a failed module, wiring issues. or even connections.

this will have to be scanned and diagnosed.

i would need some abs, trans, p series codes before i could help you with this.

s for dirving it...

the system is throwing it into a limp mode and is probably not safe for you to drive as you can not accellerate probaby.

I would have it towed for safety concerns.

Sorry you are having issues like this, it would be frustrating

let me know what they find

cam

camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Thank you very much Sir. While you could not give me a definitive answer, I understand why. At least I have a direction.
camerontech
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic