Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2017 GMC Acadia slt-1. I’m trying to disconnect the Onstar…

Hello Pearl Mechanic's Assistant:...

Hello Pearl

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GMC?

2017 GMC Acadia slt-1

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I’m trying to disconnect the Onstar

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

When you say you want to disconnect On star, do you mean the services they offer, or physically remove the ON star system completely out of your vehicle?

I have already disconnected it with Onstar but I would like to disable the service so Onstar can not communicate with the vehicle
Is there a fuse that I can remove?

It is fuse f26da fuse block instrument panel

10 AMP- F26

that is in the fuse box on the passenger side panel or under the hood?

understand, if other issues arrive such as no communication to engine or no start, it will not work.

Other options would then be disable the GPS and microphone as shown on attatchment

Thank you Michael. I know I sound crazy. But they send me monthly diagnostic reports telling me what my tire pressure is and my oil life and I just it very invasive.
Find it very invasive **

I completely understand :) If you have time, please take a moment to leave me a rating so I can receive credit for the answer, it will mean so much to me :). We can still continue after rating.

Mike, Auto Mechanic
Absolutely. I will leave you an excellent rating.

Thank you so much! It was my pleasure to assist you :).

You’re welcome

Remember to come back if you have any more concerns.

F26 is the fuse to remove. Will the green light on the mirror go off after it’s removed

I do not know as far as the light goes, (it should not be on), but it definitley disables everything shown on the attachment, which is the interface for on star

Just curious, I’m no mechanic by far. But is CIM which the fuse is labeled short for VCIM

its likely because I do not recall any CIM's on acadias. I know what VCIM is, but not CIM

Ok. Hopefully it works. Thank you very much. It’s been a pleasure.

Yes it has :)