Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I. Cooling system dumps out water after car has run when it…

Cooling system dumps...

Cooling system dumps out water after car has run when it has stopped

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?

Yes it does when low on coolant and I put coolant in and then will dump it out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just put coolant in real often

11/21/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Whats the year make and model? have you had it checked for a blown head gasket?

2002. No have not check

sounds like a classic head gasket I would get that checked

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician