Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2013 Dodge Dart GT with a 6-speed manual

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi, I...

Second opinion] Hi, I have a 2013 Dodge Dart GT with a 6-speed manual transmission and the 2.4 liter engine. It came with 18-Inch x 7.5-Inch Hyper Black Aluminum rims and 225-40R18-92h XL--All Season Tires. I like the car, but I've had to replace the rims, due to scrapes and a crack. I'm wondering--Can I put larger tires on the car?--225-45R18 or 225-50R18. If it raises the car a bit, gives a softer ride and protects the rims, I'll gladly do that. What's the largest tire that would fit. Would the dealer have to adjust the spedometer?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

When I first bought the car, the clutch pedal would go all the way down to the floor and stay there. That was a major manufacturing defect. The dealer fixed that. It happens very rarely now. I'm careful with the clutch and do not have problems with it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dart GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not doing it myself. I have just tried used the original spec tires. I just want to know if it's possible to install slightly larger ones or is there no room for that?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Totally separate topic. Occasionally, the UConnect dashboard system blanks out and the display completely disappears. But then, after several seconds it comes back on. Can I ignore it or is the problem going to get worse or will the unit totally malfunction?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 day by:
11/21/2017
Auto Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You