Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

06 code car wil crank but no start s 2004 s60ft indicator on…

Customer Question
Second opinion] 06 code...

Second opinion] 06 code car wil crank but no start s 2004 s60ft indicator on dash only reads P with a line in it and car really doesn�t want to move except reverse00

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

P0600 code

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Volvo?

S60

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes nothing yet but abs light is on and I was about to do brakes car sat for a year,put a new battery in and it ran fine for half hour until it started the laggy transmission

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
11/20/2017
Auto Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi, im cesar jimenez and i will be helping you today. im reviewing your question and get back to you as soon as possible thank you.

Auto Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

A full function scan tool is needed for this diagnosis.

If one is not available, I can only give you some possibilities to review

The issue you are experiencing is a communication error from one of the modules.

Possible cause can be the MAIN POWER RELAY.

Other possible cause is cleaning and adding dielectric grease to both the Transmission Control Module & the PCM connectors. There could be a false connection, I have seen that happen before.

The first possible cause is the main power relay