Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have an 05 F150 with the 5.4, I'm getting multiple codes…

I have an 05...

I have an 05 F150 with the 5.4, I'm getting multiple codes and don't know where to start. the codes are P0171, P0175, P0300, P0305, P0307, P0308, P0316 and P2106. I know the 300 codes are misfire codes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

Ive seen enough to know wwhat they are and which cylinder they refer to. the truck is def missing and has no power at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will be working on it myself, however I didn't want to do anything til I figured out what is with the 171 and 175, and could those codes be the cause of the misfire codes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that should cover it.

11/19/2017
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name Nelson and I have been an Automotive Technician for over 12 years.

I have found that the codes P0171 and P0175 are fuel trim codes stating that one bank of the engine is too lean(not enough fuel) and the other side is too rich(too much fuel). My research has shown that there is a common problem with restricted exhaust flow causing these codes as well as misfire codes as well.

One quick test you could do is remove both front O2 sensors, and start the engine if the misifres are gone and it runs much better then you know that the exhaust (possibly the converter is plugged) and causing these misfires.

I would suggest going to a repair shop and asking for a backpressure test. That will confirm which converter is plugged.

If you have any more questions, please dont hesitate to ask,

Nelson

nelson freitas