Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Need to change CJB for my LR4. Does purchasing used CJB with

Customer Question
Hi need to change CJB...
Hi need to change CJB for my LR4. Does purchasing used CJB with the same part number work and how to transfer the software from mine to the used one?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your MINI MiniE. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Thanks
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Car
Answered in 2 days by:
11/21/2017
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 22 days ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually the software change has to be done using a dealers scan tool or computer.I would make sure you purchase the right part number and then have it installed and programmed.Just make sure it looks correct and has the same part number to work in your model.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you for your reply. I expected a specific answer like JLR SDD can program already programmed CJB and how to do it ?
Pete, Technician