Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Can get response fast. 2013 mkt. A/c control module. A/c…

Can get response fast ...

Can get response fast

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2013 mkt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKT yourself? What have you tried so far?

A/c control module

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A/c changing from cold to hot by it self

when
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you still need help with this issue?

I see that you have replaced the control module, am I correct?

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
please
Phone call session started

I have tried contacting you, and there must be an issue with the phone line. I can still assist you here. The issue that you are having is going to be due to one of the three sensors which relay the signals to the PCM that controls the blend door position. In order to determine which sensor is causing the issue you will need to have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes. The code(s) that is received will indicate the area of concern. Here, I am attaching the electrical diagram for this system along with the description of operation that will explain in depth the functions of the system.

Temperature Blend Door PositionThe dual-zone EATC (Electronic Automatic Temperature Control) system uses 2 temperature blend door actuators to control 2 separate temperature blend doors. The temperature blend doors independently vary the LH side and RH side temperature settings, as desired. The temperature blend door actuators each contain a reversible electric motor and a potentiometer. The potentiometer circuit consists of a 5-volt reference signal connected to one end of a variable resistor, and a signal ground connected to the other. A signal circuit is connected to a contact wiper, which is driven along the variable resistor by the actuator shaft. The signal to the HVAC module from the contact wiper indicates the position of the temperature blend door. The HVAC module powers the actuator motors to move the temperature blend doors to the desired positions. The desired temperature blend door positions are calculated by the HVAC module based on the set temperature, in-vehicle temperature, ambient air temperature and sunload.

You will need to replace one of the sensors,... in-vehicle temperature, ambient air temperature or sunload sensor. These sensors determine the position of the blend door. I am thinking the vehicle sensor is faulty, although, you will need to have the vehicle scanned to be certain.

If you still require a phone call let me know and I will attempt to call again.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Can I get any appointments on tomorrow so I can be with the car and up and everything and I will find out which one you talking about I want to scan it and to tell you what Cody showed up
Any appointment for tomorrow please

All you need to do is reply to me on this thread, and I will see it and be able to assist you.

Can you give me any specific time so I can call you back

I am on eastern time. Just message me before you reach the vehicle so that I am aware.

Okay thanks a lot

No problem. You are very welcome. Keep me posted.

HI
you there?
hellow i am waiting fon call

I am calling now.

it just cutt off
try to call me one more time

Calling now.

what is the problem?
why you just hung off whe i answer the phone

I have tried initiating the call and I am not the one hanging up. The site connect our lines. This is a site issue. I can call from my phone if you'd like? Although, I would need a number to dial.

Information.

.

hi
still i am struggling with the same problem
i mean i coudint locate the blend door actuator for lef front
On my way home. I will contact you shortly

This diagram shows the location of the connector for this component.