Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Check engine light has been going on and off. 2009 VW

Check engine light has...

Check engine light has been going on and off. 2009 VW convertible. Just put gas in it. Car turns over won't start now. Turns over normally. Plenty of fuel and oil level is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Daughters car. She is off at school. So its third hand info

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Says if she waits a bit it has started in past. im thinking faulty fuel relay

car just started. check engine light comes on for a few minutes then goes out. Got to be a fuel pump or relay issue? thoughts???
first vw I have owned so don't know much about the issues. bought it used from a reputable vw dealer who checked the car out prior to purchase used at dealer in St pete, FL
66,000 miles. 2 owner vehicle. previous owner was elderly. car not abused and was serviced according to scheduled maintenance
11/18/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

ask her when she turns the key on(not to start), can she hear the fuel pump running for a few seconds. she needs to listen closely.

good question...I told her to drive it home to her dorm. I will have her check when she gets to her dorm. So if she doesn't hear the fuel pump making that whirling sound? maybe bad fuel pump or relay?

if she can drive it to here dorm then the fuel pump is working

she needs to drive it to an auto zone and have them put their code reader on it. its a free service. tell her to write the codes down and let you know what they are

I told her that last time the check engine light came on last week . Light went out so she didn't go. Ill have her go tomorrow

ok, ill be on all day. let me know.

thank you

you are very welcome, please note customer satisfaction is my number one goal and leaving a 3 stars or more rating for me will allow us to continue this dialogue until you are completely satisfied.and your vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions as you'd like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic