Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

After 2months my MB ML350 2007didint start, charge the

battery works a while then...
After 2months my MB ML350 2007didint start, charge the battery works a while then stop running, after many time try to jump whiout results, I’ll check the auxiliary battery and on pole was disconnected, reconnected it and charge back the big battery the car won’t start, they key spin but no sign from the motor.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. The problem could definitely be the battery but it could also be a module issue, the key, transmission range sensor, wiring, even the engine controller itself.

Are you hoping to do the required testing yourself?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Car started first time I️ charged the battery, run and died after few minutes, I check the auxilaiaru battery and on pole was disconnected. In the mean time car acting very weird, light on, battery signal on dash board, dash board on even with the key out. Big battery no charge after that. Charged again and auxiliary battery connected, dash board light on, alle the electrical things working but spinning the key no start.

Do you have a scan tool to monitor data and check for fault codes?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I have FIXD

Are you able to monitor live data and fault codes in all modules?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No I️ need my mechanic here with the computer. Can we schedule an phone appointment tomorrow? We are on the USVI

I''m unable to talk on the phone but can continue here in the normal question/answer format.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I already pay for phone assistance. All the eletric in the car work, can put on drive or reverse, parking an neutral with the engine off. Key can lock and unlock the car. The car now taking in German. I️ order a new auxiliary battery as well. Which codes we need to check in? I️ can do it with my mechanic he has a computer

A phone call is a separate service and the request is open to all experts. Do you want to continue here as well?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Cary York
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I️ have my mechanic checking with computer the car. I’ll let you know when we have the codes. Any particular code we need to know?

You need to see if there are any modules not communicating and read any fault codes that are stored.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ok

Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
HERE what the computer said
9D634BBC-AF9B-4D47-B947...jpeg9D634B...jpegDEC00E5C-E6C8-4499-AF88...jpegDEC00E...jpegDEF3202E-B02E-4A9A-8753...jpegDEF320...jpegC26284CC-0558-4304-B577...jpegC26284...jpegE0B19AC3-9A01-44B2-B402...jpegE0B19A...jpeg81074699-816A-498A-86B1...jpeg810746...jpeg

What fault codes were set in each module?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Did h see the pics? Ang module have the fault code

Yes, I saw the pictures of the different modules and how many fault codes were found in each. There is nothing showing the actual codes.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I don’t know, seem nothing I️ working, the mechanic said there is no enough power, very low tension, maybe the auxiliary battery not working he said. This is what we get.

If battery voltage is low that needs to be addressed but if the engine cranks at a normal speed but doesn't start then the problem is deeper than low battery voltage.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Si what we need to do here?

You need to start by seeing what fault codes have set.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Ok

Let me know if you need any more help.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician