Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Infiniti fx35 03 Code POO11 replaced passenger side

solenoid, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor...
infiniti fx35 03 Code POO11 replaced passenger side solenoid, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor. Completed an oil change twice..
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: No,
JA: Are you fixing your FX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: infiniti fx35 03 Code POO11 replaced passenger side solenoid, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor. Completed an oil change twice
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

What is the resistance value of the IVT solenoid at 70°F

The IVT solenoid could be bad and are stuck, either one of the 2.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I'm not understanding what are you asking regarding the resistance value of the IVT
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
do I need to purchase the solenoid again?

number 1 on this diagram. sometimes they may just need a slight tap on it to unsieze them if at any point the oil change was "past due in the past", the actuators begin to activate with no oil and make the actuator motor not move internally unless you tap it to get it running again. Obviously measuring the OHMS will tell you its current state which may indicate for sure bad. There should be two of them one on each side.

.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it is two but the code is saying on Bank 1. After tapping it do I need to drive the vehicle tomorrow and the eventually the SES light will go off? Does both side need to be replaced? I only replace the passenger side which is Bank 1
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
What are the procedures in measuring the OHMS? (what are the numbers that should signify they are bad are working?

To test it properly, you reach the temperature I asked, the temperature OHMS should indicate the same. If it does not, it is no good or is seized in a "certain position". You can check both OHMs to compare as well, since one should be working properly. You disconnect the harness and put one pin of your volt meter on one pin, then the other pin of your volt meter goes to the next pin of the solenoid to measure OHMS. You can try the tapping idea, but if you really want verification, get me those OHM readings on both solenoids :).

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Do I need to tap both solenoids are just one of them?

Well, if you would like both of them to be sure, but your case would actually be only on bank 1

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
after completing the tap should I allow the vehicle to complete a drive cycle and see what happens? Will the light go off or I need to get the code erased?

The more efficient way is to clear the memory and engine light.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner to clear the memory. is there any other way. I will get the OHMS reading later today and informed you of the measuring.

Then you can always attempt to disconnect the battery then reconnect it and see if the light goes off. I am sorry, I was under the assumption you did since you read trouble codes.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
If the SES light does not go off after disconnecting the battery. What would you suggest?

Going to a local auto parts store and advise them you made a repair if they can clear the code for you. If then it does not clear, then I would suggest having a qualified professional to review the code and more likely will then be a timing issue that will need to be addressed

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Its 2am where I'm located. I will have to have communicate with you later today.

Sounds good! I will be available tomorrow between 3-5 PM CENTRAL.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
My parts store no longer clear codes. I will search around as see.. Thanks

no problem :).

Jay
Jay, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question,.

I have a different opinion on this. First off, the P0011 code is most of the time cause simply by low engine oil level. So you may want to start by checking the engine oil level. If the level is correct and you got this code shortly after replacing the Cam Sensor, If you did not get the cam sensor from the dealer, it's very common for after market Cam Sensor to cause intake timing codes which make you replace parts you don't need and also make you think you have a timing chain issue when you don't!

So the first thing I would suggest is to replace the Cam Sensors with one's from the dealer before moving forward with any intake timing parts, or going into the timing chain area.

So you may want to start with that.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hello the OHMS ON THE SLENOID FOR BANK 1 IS 9.5
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
help

Hello! There has been another expert here now. Would you like to continue with the new expert? If so I can go ahead and opt out :).

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
NO i would like to continue with you
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
The multimeter reading on 200 OHMS were left side bank1 009.5 right side bank 2 9.3/9.4 also the driver side had a plate/ gasket but the passenger side didn't have a plate/gasket. Does the passenger side suppose to have a gasket? What are the gaskets/ Plate for?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hello!

Look at the diagram I sent you earlier, it definitely is suppose to have that gasket

And they are testing to be good.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Does the gasket plays a major role? Could that be the issue?

I would also suggest the previous expert mentioned about the cam sensor, he is definitely right about buying after market cam sensors. If you can verify that it is OE or after market before you & I continue. If it is after market I would also suggest to get the OE cam sensor, if that solves your case we will give Jay the credit for the answer and I opt out for him then :). As of now, that would be the next step I would suggest. If it is in fact OE, then we can continue. As for the gasket, it can play a role, but I do not think that may be the actual issue here. You can get the gasket you need just to be sure as well

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
The parts are from the dealer.

Ok then we can continue away from that then. The next step is to get that gasket on there.

If it still is the same afterwards, there will be another level of diagnosing that might go beyond your ability to attempt to perform.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
what is the gasket for?

to prevent leaking

If not installed, it could change the surface measurements and affect the code, regardless it needs to be there.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Wow! do i clean the residue on the solenoid before I install it?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Does oil suppose to be on bank2 gasket?

Could you show me where the residue is at? Are you referring to the surface that the gasket lies on? Yes oil travels to both cylinder heads to lubricate the engine components such as camshafts.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
the oil.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
does the gasket has to be a dealer part?
Yea just clean the surface up don’t let nothing get in the holes. The gasket itself is dealer but aftermarket solenoids should come with gasket otherwise your going to dealer or maybe online
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
What do you clean it with?
You can spray carb cleaner on a rag and wipe it down depending how much oil or gunk is on it
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
after installing the gasket do I need to clear the code again and see if the code comes back on?

yes

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Great i will keep you posted. Thanks

My pleasure, hope to hear from you soon :).

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
You sure will.

ok :)

Michael Solis
Michael Solis
Michael Solis
Michael Solis