Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2008 Silverado 3500 HD 6.6 so I installed the turbo and

Hey Michael : 2008 Silverado...
Hey Michael : 2008 Silverado 3500 HD 6.6 so I installed the turbo and inner cooler also so I was looking at the TPS and the plastic cover cracked on it I’m going to replace it so dealer sells it with the body and all do you have away of knowing if it has to be programmed or plug and play
11/18/2017
Mike, Auto Mechanic
Hey!! I will answer your question as soon as I am home, had a long day at work :).
Thank you buddy no problem I hope everything work out with you and them other experts staying away from ur stuff
It worked out for the both of us :), management did a great job handling it.
Good deal I’m so glade

ok, from my experience, I have had to do one of the two things.

After throttle assembly replacement, I would typically have to do just the throttle relearn under special functions of your scan tool.

I have also ran into a problem where the throttle would stay high RPMs & not relearn even though on solus shows success, I would then have to review the desire TPS %, noticed the PCM desire TPS was showing 23% which is certainly incorrect. In that situation, I would then have to use my special Jbox & reflash/reprogram the PCM to reset the desire TPS because it would rev up to 1500 RPM on its own :). Hope this information helps you.

it dose so if it give my hell I will reprogram it I have drew technology so that should work thank you my friend have a great weekend

No problem :), enjoy yours as well!!!!

Mike, Auto Mechanic