Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I have a 2008 GMC Acadia the car won't turn off here's the

Customer Question
Good afternoon good afternoon I...
Good afternoon good afternoon I have a 2008 GMC Acadia the car won't turn off here's the situation turn on the card fine and you go to turn it off and it stays idling you have to turn it back on turn it off and until you pull the key out the car doesn't turn off
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Steering wheel is fine the key seems to be fine I forgot to mention that the car says engine hot
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had recently the transmission replaced about a month ago the engine was replaced about 6 months ago I've had the thermostat replaced and the water pump replaced
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it this car is been a lemon so trying to figure out if this issue has anything to do with the transmission I had replaced
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Auto Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 29 days ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank u

if the engine wont turn off unless you pull the key out then the ignition switch is sticking/malfunctioning and needs replaced. allow me a few minutes to see if there are any recalls.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Please thank u
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I failed to mention that it says engine hot why would the engine be hot?

you have an engine hot message?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
it said AC hot engine
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
How much does it normally cost if I have someone do it and second question the hot engine light is that normal with a problem like this or does that mean I have another problem

the hot engine is going to be another problem. for the ignition switch its about a 1.5 hour job. all shops labor rates and part price mark ups are different so I cant tell you how much

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Okay this is great information I have something to go on when I call the mechanic thank you so much you've been a great help

you are very welcome. Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
One last question I'm looking at the dashboard the check engine light is on even though the car is turned off
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Also I was wrong about the message the message says engine hot AC off

thats because the ignition switch is messed up. you might want to disconnect the battery

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What about the engine hot AC off

the ignition switch needs to be fixed first. the hot ac off is a different problem

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Okay but you have no other information about that problem the engine hot problem AC off what does that mean looking for more answers I'm sorry

we are only allowed to help with one problem at a time

you can open another request for that one if you wish

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
That was one problem I had stated that from the very beginning

the ignition was the only issue you stated on the original request

good day.

Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 28 days ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I see the other tech has opted out. If you would like me to help, please list out the question you still need answered with all the details.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Will i be charged again?

You have already paid all the fees due by the website. You just need to rate an answer you are pleased with.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I can ask a question about my car?

I would prefer it be about your car, but I am pretty smart and can solve almost any question.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Okay here's the situation I have a 2008 GMC Acadia I was able to start the car but the car when I turned it off kept idling the check engine light came on and on the screen it says hot engine AC off I checked the temperature gauge and it didn't move it stayed cool and the only way the car finally turned off is when I remove the key on the screen it still has a check engine light on even though the car is turned off and the engine is making a whining sound even though it's turned off

If you shut the car off, and when it stays running with the key in the off position if you unplug the ignition switch, does the engine then shut off.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
idles and then shuts off

Did you do the step I outlined?

Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 26 days ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician