Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

MY QUESTIONS IS: DOES THE 2002 HONDA ACCORD HAVE A

HI ********** MY...
HI ********** MY QUESTIONS IS: DOES THE 2002 HONDA ACCORD HAVE A ALTERNATOR FAILURE OR WARNING INDICATOR OF SOME SORT?
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: HELLO PEARL JUST STARTING. A ROADSIDE ASSISTANT DIAGNOISED THE STARTER. I HAVE A VERY LIMITED BUDGET: A SENIOR ON SOCIAL SECURITY SO AM ATTEMPTING TO INVESTIGATE WEATHER IT IS THE STARTER OR THE ALTERNATOR. I AM NOT SURE IF THE ALTERNATOR IS IS PART OF THE STARTING SYSTEM OR NOT.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: NO APPEARANT CORROTION. ALL THE DASHBOARD LIGHTS AND RADIO FUNCTION NORMALLY.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO YET
11/17/2017
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon Steve, I hope you are doing great today! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with this today!

The alternator is NOT part of the starting system, but it is part of the charging system. To start the car, power runs from the ignition switch to the fuse box, it then sends power from a starter relay down to the starter to let it know that the vehicle is ready to start.

The alternator is there to help charge the battery only while the vehicle is running.

As long as the starter fuse and relay are good then his diagnosis of starter sounds like it would be correct. Let me know if you have any further questions about it :)

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you Gabriel I will completely honest Auto Repair how hard is it for me on YouTube and choose from say Pep Boys
Phone call session started

The starter is pretty easy to replace on these and should not cost too much. I would recommend looking for a locally owned/certified repair center to get it taken care of for you. I can help you locate a good facility if needed :)

Let me know if you would like another phone call throughout the process

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
hi gabriel i see that you called 3 times and no one responded when i said hello. please recommend a high quality and low cost repair shop as well as a parts store and starter part brand. is original or remanufactured ok?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
need a shower my son can drive me and assist me. what are you hours today as well as the rest of the week?

Yeah everytime I started to talk it cut out and dropped the call for some reason, but I will stay on the chat to keep helping you with this :)

What is your zipcode? I will research repair centers and let you know what I find

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
93036 OXNARD CA

Okay I found this shop nearby, the reviews/ratings seems like it is a respectable place to go

Perry's Independent Service & Repair  

Auto repair shop in Oxnard, California

Address: 1428 E 5th St, Oxnard, CA 93030

Phone: (805)(###) ###-####/a>

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician