Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2010 cx-9 awd clunk/binding from rear end aprox 3 months ago…

2010 cx-9 awd clunk/binding...

2010 cx-9 awd clunk/binding from rear end aprox 3 months ago sent to dealer for diagnossis thy told me lft and rt wheel braerings never changed them noise went away but

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Great shape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Determaned that wheel bearings were fine but from a hard exceleration it acts like a fwd seams like no power to the rear wheels

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

4wd light comes on about 2 times a month

11/17/2017
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Do you have a scan tool to check the trouble codes in the abs module?

no codes on scan tool and abs does work fine

Did you check the trouble codes in the and module not just the ecm like a standard scan tool does ?? because if that light triggered this indicates faults are being triggered

abs scantool does that yes

Ok how have you determined that the wheels bearings where good ?

no noise no play very tight

Ok sine the 4wd drive light is coming on and you are having issues with the binding at times you could be having a issue with the transfer case starting to fail these are common to have issues with the bearings inside if them , i recommend you have it checked out and take a fluid sample to make sure there are no metal shavings in the fluid. I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Thanks again for your help goggle had the same response just a waste of time and money I’ll stick with my first intonation and save myself 20 bucks next time

i understand

tech0405
tech0405
tech0405, Technician