Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have an 09 Challenger RT, I went to use remote start on…

Hello I have an 09...
Hello I have an 09 Challenger RT, I went to use remote start on key fob & would not start. when I went out to car. I could not unlock, had to use key. window would not drop & could not normally start car. all lights on bottom of instrument clusters would just flash. I popped out push button start & inserted key fob to start & nothing. still flashing & clicking sound from front of car. popped trunk & disconnected battery & re-connected and still nothing
11/15/2017
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

ok thank you.

Hello, from what you describe the battery is dead.

you will need to hook up a battery charger and or jump the battery to get power to the car.

this should get you going, and you would most likely have to replace the battery since its an 09 i can assume its the original battery?

hope this helps.

if you need more help please let me know.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician