Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Replaced cam sensor twice also crank both cam was dodge

parts also replaced pcm still...
replaced cam sensor twice also crank both cam was dodge parts also replaced pcm still starts kinda hard takes a while but customer states it stalls some does have a hard code cam sensor on cant reset tried to even do a relearn nothing kinda lost ty
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, what code(s) are you getting?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
P0340 AND P0405
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SOME TIMES IT STARTS RIGHT UP LIKE JUST NOW THEN OTHER TIMES USUALLY WHEN WARMED UP HAS TO CRANK FOR A WHILE

usually hen it does it more hot it would lead to a failing cam or crank sensor but seeing as you've replaced those twice we can 99% rule those out. You might want to remove the EGR valve and check for carbon build up that could be holding it open causing a lean condition and extended cranking.

For the codes that are hard I'd suggest going through the harness checks below.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK WILL DO WE WAS TOLD BY ANOTHER SHOP THAT THE CAM SENSOR WILL NOT CAUSE A STALLING ITS ONLY THE CRANK THAT DOES THIS IS THIS TRUE

The cam sensor can actually cause stalling as it's used to time injector firing with plug firing. So if your crank sensor is firing the plugs properly but cam sensor isn't firing injectors at proper time you can get stalling and hard starts.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK TY WILL CK HARNESS OK WILL GET TO YOY ASAP OK TY

You're welcome, I'll be around all day and will respond ASAP.

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
SORRY STILL ON IOT GOT BEHIND GOING THRU WIRING HARNESS NOW OK WILL KEEP YOU POSTED OK

No worries, I'll be here to help and respond asap when needed.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
replaced both wires from cam sensor to ecm now it says cam in syc ran fine 4 days now tonight back in shop costomer states it just quit again don't get no codes yet will just kinda lost period problem child

IT may be something basic. I'd run the standard tests, fuel pressure, spark then check from there.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
its showing a p0688 asd relay is this common on theses

ASD issues are very common on the Dodge stuff. It's basically a main relay that powers injectors etc. I would start by replacing the relay itself. below is the troubleshooting info

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
ON THIS TRUCK 2006 4.7 ZONE SAYING THERE IS NOT ASD RELAY BUT SCANNER SAYING P0688

I was providing info on the 04 as stated in the info part. LEt me check on the 06

I'm showing an ASD or main relay in the troubleshooting guide but not on the fuse box for the 06, see below

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
OK SO CONFUSSED WHY WOULD THIS CODE COME UP ON SCANNER ANT CLUE SORRY FOR CONFUSION CUSTOMER STATED 2004 VIN SAYS 2006 OK

it looks like it's integrated into the totally integrated power module, I'll post the diagram below. I can tell you these were bad about failing and wires breaking on the backside.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician