Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

It has transmission problem codes showing on my 2010 Cobalt.

The engine light is on...
It has transmission problem codes showing on my 2010 Cobalt. The engine light is on, and the engine almost stalls when I stop. When in park, and I apply the brake, I can hear almost a disconnect at the automatic indicator
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: Yes on the light, and it stalls on stopping
JA: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have parked it until I take it in. I bought her new, and serviced it religiously. It looks brand new...76K. Never have had a car do this.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: should I consider them addressing senors, etc...or go for a rebuilt?
11/15/2017
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

sense the engine light does stay on..can you give me the trouble codes?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
P2764

stand by while i review

please tell me what engine you have

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
P2764 0700 U2106

engine?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
4 cylinder automatic transmission

engine size?

2.0 or the 2.2?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
2.0

it is the turbo?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
No

if it is a 2.0 it should be a turbo..the 2.2 doesnt have a turbo

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Then, I was wrong...it is not a turbo
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
I looked the codes up...just do not know what to tell the mechanic when I schedule service.

ok,,stand by,,i will give you my thoughts

ok,i will give you my thoughts..

1st,,the 700 code will always show up if you have any problem at all with the transmission.so lets not worry about that one.

2,sense you get the 2764,,this tells me the lock upsolenoid is staying locked up when it is suppose to be released..a bad converter lock-up solenoid is possible,,but..

3- sense you also get the u2106 code,,this makes me think your problem is in the tcm[transmission control module]it may just need to be reprogrammed,,but it may need to be replaced

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eb2lpug4jcv9gq0/1114-colbault-DTC%20P0700.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/eb2lpug4jcv9gq0/1114-colbault-DTC%20P0700.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Tim's Auto Repair
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
ok
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic