Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Can you pull the engine out with out pulling the trans 2008

Customer Question
can you pull the engine...
can you pull the engine out with out pulling the trans 2008 Mini base hatch back
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 101000 automatis
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes . it jumped time and i did a compression test . nothing on all cylinders so i got a used motor to put in
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is the easiest way to swap these two motors
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Car
11/14/2017
Auto Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 29 days ago
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

easiest way is to pull motor and tranny and front body clip..thats how its done

11 00 050 Removing and installing engine with transmission (N12)

Special tools required:

Zoom Sized for Print

Necessary preliminary tasks:

Lift engine hood into assembly position.

Remove exhaust system.

Drain engine oil.

Disconnect negative battery lead.

Remove both drive shafts.

Remove air cleaner housing.

Remove fan cowl with electric fan.

Detach all coolant hoses from engine.

Detach vacuum line from brake booster.

Release engine wiring harness from electronics box and lay to one side.

Remove complete front panel

Zoom Sized for Print

Attach special tool 11 0 260 to lifting eye (1) at engine end

Zoom Sized for Print

Attach special tool 11 0 260 to lifting eye (1) at transmission end

Release transmission and engine mounts.

Remove engine with special tool 11 0 260 towards front.

Zoom Sized for Print

Zoom Sized for Print

Assemble engine.

Check function of DME.

a 5 star rating will finish the question..if you have further questions on this feel free to follow up

john  aka eauto
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy