Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Abs light with rear left sensor fault and wiring fault

Abs light with rear...

Abs light with rear left sensor fault and wiring fault changed sensor and and abs light still on with left rear sensor wiring fault

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just abs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2008 Honda civic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I would like to just the sensor so far

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Hi I'm Kevin do you have the actual fault code ?
17-13
left rear wheel circuit malfunction

Ok you need to test continuity bettween pin 2 on sensor plug and pin 14 on module plug and pin 1 on sensor plug and pin 5 on module plug

if theres continuity?

Then you have a module fault if sensor is new

is that module located under the car near gas tank?
My system has it located in engine bay on right hand side as you sit in car
OK! Can I check that continuity at the connector for the left wheel sensor or should I do it at the module?
You need to disconnect module and test the exact pins I've given
Ok thanks! Do you have a picture to share of the module?
Does that have to be changed as a assembly ?

Yes

ok thanks for your help

No problem please rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic