Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Mercury sable gs 3.0 l v6 2000 batery is good alterator is…

Customer Question
Mercury sable gs 3.0...

Mercury sable gs 3.0 l v6 2000 batery is good alterator is good with load on an off when the car is runing with know load on battery drian slow but load on drain fast thing start shut down like rpm gage the car shut down battery isdead have charge battery up then it start up it will do the same thing over

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes it a new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sable?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes l check all fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Gust how fixe it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
11/14/2017
Auto Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

How was the alternator tested?
How many volts is it putting out under load?

tester from auto part store 14 am
l dont have the money

How was the alternator tested?

Sorry for the duplicate.

We need to know how many volts the alternator is putting out when the headlights, blower and wipers are on. Amps doesn't matter. Normally if the battery is draining while the car is running, you have some type of alternator issue. That being said, make sure it was tested on the car as well. Bench testing this probably will not reveal the real issue.

they said it was 14

Was this tested on the car and under load or not?

battery not charge with thing are off

Sorry, I can't help. I am going to open this up for the other experts.

Please don't reply or it will lock it to me and then it will be off the board and no one else will be able to see it.

Auto Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Does the voltage drop below 12 volts when the engine is running?