Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I have a 2008 Chrysler 300 the engine cuts off while

driving-it has been checked out...
I have a 2008 Chrysler 300 the engine cuts off while driving-it has been checked out, but problem cannot be found
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No- I/m not aware of a code
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I went to a reliable mechanic to no avail
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i can feel when the car is going to stop- it takes a few cranks berfre restarting
11/14/2017
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is the check engine light on?
Also, does this happen when you are sitting at a light or stop sign?

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
No check engine light is not on- it usually stops when I am driving or turning a corner

Thanks, ***** ***** a minute to look up a couple of items.

Please stand by.

Which engine do you have in this please?

I'm sorry, I am not able to do a call at this time.

Do you know what engine you have in this.

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
I'm not sure I think it is a 6 v

Ok, thank you.

it sounds like the issue could be with the fuel pump. If the check engine light isn't on, then it's not a monitored system then the light won't come on. The fact that it is having some issues restarting could also indicate this type of concern as well.

We can't rule out a crank or cam sensor, but usually those will leave a code and the check engine light will come on. i would make sure the shop checked the fuel pressure and of course, was able to make the concern happen. If it didn't fail for them, then they won't be able to determine the issue. It does sound a lot like a fuel pump issue however.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Ok any suggestions as to what can possibly be cause of car stopping

Yes, if the fuel pump stops pumping gas, eventually the car will stall. Then when you crank it, it's taking a bit for the fuel to get back to the injectors so it will start.

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Daniel Wilson
Phone call session started
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician