Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

When key is turned on thier is no inital air bag light. 2002…

When key is turned...

When key is turned on thier is no inital air bag light

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2002 sportage

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to find a fuse or breaker

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I looked in fuse box and a 15 a abs fuse is not thier

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Hi I'm Kevin there is no fuse for warning lamp this is a separate circuit through dash pod as it's supposed to illuminate when there is any fault in airbag system . The first thing to do is plug car in and see if you can communicate with sea system .
i am in the state of virginia and the car wont pass state inspection because the inspector says thier is no inital 3 second air bag light when the key is turned on. is their suppesto be?

Yes the light should come on and turn off if no fault is present .this system runs through dash pod and is possibly and issue within dash .has this warning worked in the period of time youve had car ?

can the dash pod be taken out and replaced

Yes

haynes has no manual for this car. any idea where its located or a mfg part num

Which part are you afetr location of?

the dash pod ?

Its the dashboard and clocks .the part where warning light is supposed to illuminate

the light is not a bulb but built in to the dash assembly like the odemoter on a ford f 150

Correct in most cases its an issue with dash pod itself and the light is part of it

i guess i will go by th dealer first and then to the junk yard !!! thanks for all your help

No problem please rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic