Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

After sending the car out for diagnostic check, my miata…

Customer Question
After sending the car...

After sending the car out for diagnostic check, my miata heater blows cold and the radiator is full.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Coolant is full and I'd like to check the thermostat last because I replaced it last year. I believe that it's possible the machanic bumped something to cause a disconnect maybe?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Miata?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Miata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only checked the antifreeze

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a fuse fo?r the heater control valve

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Car
11/14/2017
Auto Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

You have all manual a/c and heater controls. If you have a warmed up engine with temperature in normal range do you get a temperature change when you turn temperature from cold to hot? Can you hear the temperature blend door moving when knob is turned back and forth?

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician