Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Not near a BMW dealer. What type of coolant should I get at…

Not near a BMW...

Not near a BMW dealer. What type of coolant should I get at the local auto store to top off a BMW 328i convertible, 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Saab Convertible. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not Saab - BMW 328i 2013 convertible

11/14/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Auto Zone has Pentofrost which is compatible.

Thank you. I added and did not dilute. The service person said since it was a top-off, I was ok. Have had car 1 year, and not had this issue before. Regularly serviced. 2013 and has 56K miles. After adding, I noticed some smoke coming from back that was not there before. White. Should I not drive it and just tow it in to BMW

are you overheating?

please note customer satisfaction is my number one goal and leaving a 3 stars or more rating for me will allow us to continue this dialogue until you are completely satisfied.and your vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions as you'd like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

it's not overheating. The light came on. Stopped driving as soon as it came on. The coolant was low. Used what you indicated and it took almost the entire bottle - only 1/4 left. Started it after I put in coolant to let it idle for a few minutes. That's when I noticed the white smoke and cut it off immediately. Trying to ascertain if I can drive it or needs to be towed.

let the vehicle run for a while and see if the white smoke diminishes.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
Thank you so much! Very helpful!

thank you very much. if the white smoke goes away after the engine runs a bit, feel safe to drive it to the dealer to find out why the coolant was low