Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My transmission is not changing gears it stays in 3rd. 3mos…

Customer Question
My transmission is not...

My transmission is not changing gears it stays in 3rd

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty?

3mos ago it was red it has almost 80,000 miles '98boxter but since than ive driven it about 1000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 80 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, i need to have it checked

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just that. called a place to have it checked .

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
11/13/2017
Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Please stay on the original question.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.