Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

01 ML430 with P0455 evap large leak. check all vacuum & hose…

Customer Question
01 ML430 with P0455...

01 ML430 with P0455 evap large leak. check all vacuum & hose connections. when purging i notice vent valve didn"t closed. replaced pressure sensor after driving 80mi check engine light came back on with code P0455,P0107 pressure sensor short to ground or open circuit also low fuel reserve light came on with 1/2 tank. i check circuits to pressure sensor didn't find any problems pressure sensor OEM part #163(###) ###-#### i think P0455 is setting because canister shut off valve don't close when purge valve is purging.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

Fuel rail has nothing to do with evap syayem

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

1st repalced the presssure sensor. 2nd replace the pressure sensor again & replace the purge valve because sometimes during purging purge valve quit purging with purge signal

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I would like to know canister shut off valve suppose to close during purging.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
11/13/2017
Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

hello Ted!!

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory info to assist!!

Thanks

4JGAB72E11A241833
4jgab72e11a241833 i can close the canister with my snap on verus under functional component test. i applied vacuum to vapor hose purge valve to canister with vacuum pump, seem to hold vacuum & signal reads from presssure sensor.

do you have the freeze frame by any chance of the codes?

the canister close valve is to test the integrity of the seal system . while purge it must be vented to draw in the fumes from the canister if not the gas tank will suck itself in !!

the p0107 is the code for the map sensor of the engine not for the evap system!!!

any water damage to the front sam?

No water damages to San module & we erased all the codes to fresh start. I replaced purge valve after purging several times i noticed purge valve didn’t respond with purge signal. after several purging cycle purge valve quit purging, do u think this will cause p0455? I’m gonna test drive about 90mi first if code appears again i’ll Get the freeze frame codes

if the valve is sticking open yes it can do that especially when running!!

let me know!!