Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 77 MGB am having a problem with the brakes. It

Customer Question
I have a 77...

I have a 77 MGB am having a problem with the brakes. It seems I have no brake pedal going to the floor. I have changed out the master cylinder and swapped the servo but still have no pedal I'm at my wits end any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried cleaning and oiling the brake pedal's pivot under the dash?

Yes I just restored the vehicle. The brakes do stop the car eventually but would hate to have to slam them on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MGB yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've changed out the wheel cylinders, rebuilt the calipers changed out the Master and the servo and bled the system a number times and have no air in the system. I even bled the Master cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That about all

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
Auto Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Are all the bleed nipples on the high side of the calipers and wheel cylinders?

Are the rear brakes adjusted up correctly?

Are the front wheel bearings adjusted correctly, near zero play?

Gary

to all your questions
We just finished bleeding the brakes again and got air in all wheels.
checked all hose connections, and hard pipes no sign of leakage