Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

E150 cargo van MY brake light goes on and off,the oil light…

Customer Question
E150 cargo van MY...

E150 cargo van MY brake light goes on and off,the oil light and Gage on and off gas light on and off.truck runs fine but no mileage indicator.what should i do

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

All fluids checked and oil gas full

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cargo?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?

A mechanic told me that i need to change the censor in the gas tank,and we take it from there.i think there is a sort behind the mileage indicator because sometimes when i press on it the brake light goes off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
11/11/2017
Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like you could be having a few problems, have you had the van canned for any codes? are you having any running issues? have you checked the brake fluid? have you checked oil level? have you checked oil pressure?

My mechanic told me I need to change the sensors on the throttle so this is my first step order the part and change it. I hope is only that and does not cost me more money
what is your expert opinion
van runs fine
u can text me or e mail is fine phone call is out the question because of work it may take a while to get back

Sounds like its going to be a little more complicated than a throttle body sensor, Do you know what codes are in the computer?

no i do not know much about engines

Did your mechanic tell you why its needs a throttle body sensor?

no.he just told me that i need to replace that first so the engine light goes out

ok once that is replaced let me know what happens

that will be Saturday

ok ill be here

Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

hows it going?

hi.The lights still go on .not so often

so whats exactly is going on now?

when i drive the brake light goes on and beeps the oil light goes on and the Gage goes up and down the gas light goes on and the gas gage goes up down sometimes all together sometimes only the brake light.

have you had it scanned for codes since the repair

no

I would get it scanned and see what codes are in the system and that will help us know where to go next

ok