Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

SUZUKI SWIFT 2016 STEERING WHEEL WOUNT TURN ??? IT HAD AN…

Customer Question
SUZUKI SWIFT 2016 STEERING...

SUZUKI SWIFT 2016 STEERING WHEEL WOUNT TURN ???

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

YES IT HAD AN IMPACT IN THE REAR OF THE CAR

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?

CHECKER THE POWER STEER UNIT AND IT IS AN EPS UNIT SO GOOGLING TO FIND COMMON FAULTS

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
11/11/2017
Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

as you say its an electric motor on the steering for these, but you should be able to still turn the steering with it off?

if the wheel is completely immobile then its more likely to be the steering lock is still in place

but if you can move the wheel then yes its a EPS fault

1st thing to check is the state of the high power fuse ( 60A) for the EPS this should be in the under-bonnet fuse box and then check that the main battery connections are tight and clean

if this is OK then measure the battery voltage with the ignition off as it should be at least 12V and this should increase from this figure with the engine running

if the battery voltage is low then it may need to be replaced , as low battery voltage will result in the EPS being shut down

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you