Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2008 CAYANNE TURBO, OBD CODE P0016. PO0016 AND YES I HAVE

2008 CAYANNE TURBO, OBD CODE...
2008 CAYANNE TURBO, OBD CODE P0016
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: PO0016 AND YES I HAVE RESET IT A COUPLE OF TIMES. WHAT SHOULD I CHECK FIRST
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES NOTHING YET
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ITS A LITTLE FOUGH AT IDLE SOMETIMES BUT CLEARS UP
11/6/2017
Greg
Greg, Technician
Hi just reviewing your question and will get back to you ASAP
Rgds Greg
Do you also hear timing chain rattle at start up when idle is uneven then idle and rattle clear up at the same time .
Greg
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not here any sound. on cold start it does pulse a little but goes away in 10 or 15 sec
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this does not occur when worm. could it be an oil issue ?
could be oil pressure, low oil level etc .
Other possibilities for this code .
Timing chain stretched, bad tensioner, bad cam or crank sensor sensor wiring damage .
I would scope the two cam sensors both should have a very similar wave patten if
One is different or has glitches replace the cam sensor
Rgds greg
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it has almost 160000 miles, what weight oil do you recommend. I always use Mobil 1. I live in Denver Co.
10w30 I would use on this engine and keep using mobile 1.
I would also do a engine flush not more than 10 minutes then change oil and filter.Rgds Greg
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK thanks
Thank you .
After accepting you can still get back to me anytime with out any extra cost, and the question will stay open for you .
Kind regards Greg.
Greg
Greg, Technician
Greg
Greg
Greg, Technician