Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Disconnected battery now alarm activated and won't crank. It

disconnected battery now alarm activated...
disconnected battery now alarm activated and won't crank
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: it is the alarm
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2004 tacoma
JA: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ok. I had disconnected the pos battery. whan reconnected...no crank. has an alarm system I never knew about. got it reset once and truck statered. now back to square one...no crank, alarm chirping
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how to reset alarm so truck will crank
11/6/2017
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If you have just factory security then it will disarm when pressing the unlock button on the key fob. If you have an aftermarket alarm but don't have the fob then the best thing to do would be to remove the alarm if it was no longer being used.

Do you have a functional key fob?

I see that you have rated my performance as poor service which negatively reports me to the site and prevents me from getting credit for helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have been able to resolve the problem without your help. your answer did not address my concern....if i had a key fob don't you think i woulds have used it! i eventually found a reset button tucked away inside the fuse box...

I don't have a way of knowing any details that are not posted to this page as I am not at the vehicle; I cannot help without communication.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician