Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Can you send me detailed instructions on how to remove and

replace the driver side power...
can you send me detailed instructions on how to remove and replace the driver side power window regulator on a 2006
GXP Gran Prix?
11/4/2017
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is*****'ve attached the instructions below.

And for the trim panel.

And the water deflector.

And finally the motor.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please don't forget to rate my service when you are done.

Marty

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do I have to replace the motor also as every replacement part says it comes with the motor? Back two window have issue also, they both roll down but not back up. Any ideas?
Thanks

Just checked on a regulator. It looks like they do only come with the motor.

Possible switch problem on the rear? It will require some troubleshooting to see if you are getting power and ground to the motors when trying to raise them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for the help, will be doing project Monday on my day off

You're quite welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one more thing, how do I determine if its a 2Din plug or other. Want to order parts and want to make sure first. Make sense?

What is the vin number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
don't know,Im at work and not driving the car, any other way you can tell

I'm not sure, aside from comparing the plug to a picture of one online. I normally use the vin number to look up the correct part.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can do it the same way right?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
here is the Vin # 2G2WC58C561242569 Thanks

I show the part number to be 15934641.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i got your info but havent had time to order parts. Will look them up and get going soon. Where did you get the part # from,what website or service so I can order. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Marty, Im on line looking for the part and need to know where you got the part # from so I can match it with a replacement.can you please chat back. Thanks

That's the OEM part number. Click here for a Google search.

Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you also help with an 85 Ford Full Size XLT Bronco? I need detailed instructions on how to remove and replace the head light switch. Not the knob or actuator rod that's just a small button, the entire under dash switch. Do I have to remove the dash. Please today is my only day off and I am also doing the window regulator and on a time deadline. Thanks
Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician