Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I have dodge grand Caravan 2015, and I have ROSEN Multimedia

Hi JA: Hi. How can I...
Hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have dodge grand Caravan 2015, and I have ROSEN Multimedia navigation installed, Screen is frozen, I can not touch the screen All buttons are disabled. how can you help me please?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: dodge grand Caravan 2015
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: for last 2 weeks may be
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nop
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Backup Camera is working fine though. I hare the random radio but can not control it or I see the radio screen.
10/25/2017
Lurch
Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics

very sorry for the delay..........
Remove the Unit & "disconnect completely" for 5 minutes
CLICK ATTACHMENT BELOW
This will drain the memory circuit
Disconnecting Battery or Removing Fuse will NOT work............
Reconnect Unit & Reinstall.
Try Unit
IF the Unit does NOT Unlock or still No Controls, you will need to contact Rosen TECH Support
Your best bet is to locate a Local ROSEN Dealer, as they are NOT Customer friendly
.
MANUAL:
http://rosenelectronics.com/Owners%20Manuals/Current%20Product/PP1002_Navigation%20Manual_(ONLINE%20ONLY)_REV%20A.pdf
.
TECH SERVICE:
http://rosenelectronics.com/service-support-information.htm
.
http://rosenelectronics.com/warranty-repair-information.htm

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Following your instructions:
"Remove the Unit & "disconnect completely" for 5 minutes
CLICK ATTACHMENT BELOW
This will drain the memory circuit
Reconnect Unit & Reinstall."
I lost my Backup camera now......... I dont have CD to Reinstall though. They did not provide me the CD.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It did not help me please.

sorry....I completely posted what to do.....
Your Unit was "locked up" similar to a Cell Phone or Computer.......
Rosen Units are known to have issues
.

As I posted above:

.
MANUAL:
.
TECH SERVICE:
.

.

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.
You agreed to Rate the answer when you signed up
Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you

Lurch
Lurch
Lurch