Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My 2012 qx56 will not start. I had to get a jump earlier. I…

my 2012 qx56 will not...
my 2012 qx56 will not start. I had to get a jump earlier. I need to know if I need a new battwry or is it something else. I will jump start in the morning and then take it to thw dealership. Thoughts?
10/20/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. how old is the current battery?

I'm not sure. I bought thw car from the dealership in April.

But it started with a jump earlier?

No.

you just said it did....

I'm sorry. It started when I jumped it earlier. I was responding "no" to the question if I wanted to pay more to call.

oh ok. just ignore the pop ups

if it started when you jumped it and it ran for 40 minutes then you shut it off, then you went out later and it wouldnt start, then its probably the alternator thats not keeping the battery charged.

Wow. Ok. If I take to the dealership, should they be able to fix the same day?

absolutely

Thank you. You have been extremely helpful. Thanks again.

I would actually stay away from the dealer and find a small local neighborhood shop. but thats up to you.

Good call. Will do. Thanks.

you're very welcome.
Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you very much

Absolutely.
David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic